Being a minimalist writer is serious business. These are the rules you need to follow if you want to be a minimalist writer:
- Don’t spend more time on writing than is necessary. Writing comprises any task that you need to do in order to finish a text.
- Define the period of time that you want to spend on writing. Less is more.
- Define a task and a goal for each writing session. Choose them wisely.
- When you write, focus on the task at hand. Keep distractions, external and internal, in check.
- Don’t buy programs, services or devices that promise to save time for you. They probably won’t.
- Don’t get exhausted; stop before that happens.
- Get your writing done before the deadline.
- Communicate clearly and precisely. Omit word clutter.
- Train your writing skills. Write regularly.
- Remain flexible. If circumstances don’t allow you to write regularly, adapt.